Want to make an impact with us as a Linux System Engineer?
We are using tools to maintain our client’s network and systems in an efficient and effective manner. As a Linux System Engineer you think along, give your advice and you are committed to shaping the systems for our clients. When the implementation is done and the systems are handed over, you are able to maintain the system in the best possible way. This means your job as a system engineer is never done. One moment you are working on location at the client, the next moment you are supporting the customer from a remote location and another moment you are joining an important project meeting. In other words, you take your responsibilities around the following topics:
- Development, configuration and maintenance of systems, networks, routers and firewalls;
- Issue analysis, resolution and prevention at the customers;
- Advising and supporting customers with their complex questions around security, maintenance and network infrastructure;
- Developing services and remote monitoring.
You’ll be working in an international team consisting of system-, application- and platform engineers. We support autonomy and work in a flat organization way; expanding your knowledge regarding cloud and container technology is something we will stimulate and facilitate.
WHO ARE YOU
- RHCSA and/or RHCE certified (Pré)
- Strong Linux OS, network, and automation skills are expected
- Excellent troubleshooting skills of system, network, and application related issues
- Experience with Ansible and Ansible development
- Knowledge of Bash, Golang and Python is plus
- Ability to execute given assignments in a self-directed manner and take ownership
- Able to handle multiple projects or responsibilities in parallel
- Love of all-things automation, and passion for open source technologies and tools
- Valid VOG is mandatory
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Work at our clients in large scale Linux environments
- Support other groups of system engineers, contribute in knowledge sharing, meetups
- Stay up to date with latest technologies and trends, propose improvements, suggest changes and participate in team decisions
- Improve our systems and the systems of our clients
OUR KIND OF PEOPLE
- Go-getters with the drive to continuously improve
- Professionals inspired by sharing knowledge and helping customers and colleagues succeed
- Smart, self-starters who go both deep and wide in a range of interests
- Good communicators— verbally and written (e.g., presentations and blogs)
- Team players who love collaboration—you know your role and relevance to projects
- Serious fun lovers—you know the value of laughter to ease stress and enjoy working hard with your colleagues
- Leaders who dare to make tough choices when necessary
WORKING AT SIMTECH
Simtech employs specialists who, like you, strive to realize their full potential. Our people thrive on challenges, tackle problems in stride, take their own initiative, and persevere. We’re constantly learning and improving—and we hope you are too!
To this end, we co-create an inspiring environment that brings out everyone’s best—so our expertise shines individually, for the team, and ultimately, for the customer.
WHAT WE OFFER?
- Challenging customers
- High-end projects
- Unlimited study options and a training plan
- One-day working in the office with your colleagues
- Good salary with bonus scheme
- Internal projects & social activities
- Car or mobility allowance
- Laptop, telephone
- Room for experimentation to start your initiatives
- Never a dull moment
- Sponsorships are an option