About Simtech Cloud Consulting
At Simtech, you will join a company of self-starters and supportive collaborators. Everyone strives to help each other achieve success – personally, for the customer, and the company. Our team of consultants is a mix of young talent and those with 20+ years of experience in IT. We share a “can do” mentality combined with a “failure is not an option” standard. We make sure you have everything you need to perform at your best and encourage continuous learning.
About the Role
As a Linux System Engineer you think along, offer advice, and are committed to shaping systems for our clients. Our ideal candidate is someone with a history of excellence in building and maintaining systems in a Linux environment, as part of a 24/7 operation. We expect you to think on your feet, efficiently diagnose and resolve unexpected issues, and have an eye for spotting tasks that can be automated.
You’ll be working in an international team consisting of system, application and platform engineers. We support autonomy and work in a flat organization way; expanding your knowledge regarding cloud and container technology is something we will stimulate and facilitate.
- Strong Linux, network, and automation skills: real-world experience with Linux, automation tools (Ansible), monitoring, networks, load balancing, firewalls, databases, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of system configuration and administration, core operating systems principles, load balancing, scaling, network services, and network security
- Excellent troubleshooting skills of system, network, and application related issues
- Ability to execute given assignments in a self-directed manner and take ownership
- A mindset of automating repetitive tasks and passion for open source technologies and tools
- RHCSA / RHCE certifications are a plus
Our kind of people
- Go-getters with the drive to continuously improve
- Professionals inspired by sharing knowledge and helping customers and colleagues succeed
- Smart, self-starters who go both deep and wide in a range of interests
- Good communicators— verbally and written (eg, presentations and blogs)
- Team players who love collaboration – you know your role and relevance to projects
- Serious fun lovers – you know the value of laughter to ease stress
- Leaders who dare to make tough choices when necessary
What Simtech offers
- Challenging customers
- High-end projects
- Unlimited study options and a training plan
- One-day working in the office with your colleagues
- Good salary with bonus scheme
- Internal projects & social activities
- Car or mobility allowance
- Laptop, telephone
- Room for experimentation to start your initiatives
- Never a dull moment
- Sponsorships are an option